[Libreoffice] Strange Shared object xxx not found errors

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Feb 8 23:47:46 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 09:30:56PM +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 19:35 +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> > My builds are now crashing in the same way in a few modules; pyuno is one of
> > them.
>
> > --enable-new-dtags ...
> >
> > The library is present in /usr/pkg/lib/libpython2.6.so.1.0
> > When I run the command by hand in a shell, there's no error and the target
> > libpyuno.so is correctly created.
>
> I wonder if in both cases what your LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set to,

It was not set.

The only environment variable I use is CPPFLAGS. If I don't type
export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/pkg/include" before running autogen.sh, the build
system is unable to find include files for "system" libraries.

> there's
> a possibility that the recent --enable-new-dtags change in solenv, which
> I want to have so that LD_LIBRARY_PATH does the right thing for dlopen
> so that tests test the right .so, might be the trigger for this.

I don't think --enable-new-dtags was the culprit. I have updated the sources
with g pull since my last mail and I only get these errors now:

/usr/libexec/binutils217/elf/ld: cannot find -luno_sal
/usr/libexec/binutils217/elf/ld: cannot find -lcosv

Seems like the same sort of trouble I had, only directly with ld instead
of g++
libuno_sal is a shared library and libcosv a static one (.a file)

> If LD_DEBUG=libs is supported in your os it might be helpful.

Unfortunately, it has no effect.

--
Francois Tigeot