[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-commits] .: Branch 'libreoffice-3-3' - starmath/source

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Thu Feb 10 10:12:27 PST 2011

[Resending, this time to the list.]

Hi Michael,

At 8:06am -0500 Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Michael Meeks committed:
>   starmath/source/visitors.cxx |    3 +--
>   1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)
>
> New commits:
> commit 60c297cc61df9ef025312f75ba214b4a8499e959
> Author: Luke Dixon<6b8b4567 at gmail.com>
> Date:   Tue Feb 8 20:15:21 2011 +0000
>
>      Fix for bugs 32759 and 32755 on freedesktop bugzilla

Do we have guidelines for commit messages?  I ask because I think it
would be helpful to include just a smidgen more information in them than
a reference to various bugzillas.  (To be clear, it's not just you/r
messages, but you're the person I feel comfortable asking.)

Granted, FDO will perhaps be more accessible than has been bugs.ooo, and
hopefully will have longevity, but I like the assumption that folks
might not always be able to access the bug report.  Further, this gives
those of us who aren't uber-awesome LO coders a bit more insight to a
change, when we only have a few seconds to glance at emails as they go by.

I'm also probably currently hyper-aware of commit messages as my advisor
(who is not a coder) just chided me for a commit message that didn't
give him enough context because he couldn't look at the associated patch.

Thoughts?

Kevin