[Libreoffice] Build logs from the tinderbox

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 17 05:17:32 PST 2011

Hi Jan, *;

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Jan Holesovsky <kendy at suse.cz> wrote:
> On 2011-02-17 at 00:25 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> [...]
> I see; I looked at that too after Thorsten's recommendation, but thought
> it was unable to add the X-Tinder header - my bad, but at least I
> learned Net::SMTP and MIME::Lite Perl modules :-)

:-)

>> I send 3 mails: when the build starts, after configure is done, and
>> after the build is finished. first one is witout attachment (X-Tinder:
>> cookie), second and third use attachment (X-Tinder: gzookie)
>
> I can do the same; the ones when the build starts, and when the
> configure is done should have the 'building' status, is that correct?

Yes - the later "building" one supersedes the first one (of the same
starttime value).

>> So include the annotations within the gzipped log, and everything is fine.
>
> Hopefully should be now.

The one processed at [Thu Feb 17 13:00:15 2011] didn't include the
annotations in the log, at least tinderbox couldn't find them (see
gimli:/var/log/tinderbox/tinderbox.log

> If it proves to be so, I'll announce the usage
> in a separate mail; should be pretty easy to setup for anyone now.

Thanks a lot!

> Oh - and one question: The 'tinderbox: tree: XYZ' - are the trees
> created on the fly?

No, not for git/LO yet. MASTER is created fixed in
/srv/tinderbox/local_conf/TreeData.pm - if the others should be
created automatically, you'd have to add it to
/srv/tinderbox/bin/get-latest-master.pl (well, or probably easier to
create a seperate one and hook that up to tinderupdate.sh) and then
read in that file in in TreeData.pm - preferrably with a group
"LibreOffice".

>  Ie. is the creation of the libreoffice-3-3
> tinderbox tree as easy as as using libreoffice-3-3 instead of XYZ, or is
> there something necessary on the server side too?

It needs to be known by tinderbox, otherwise it will just throw away the mail.

ciao
Christian