[Libreoffice] Unit tests - cppunit crashing with debug build

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 03:20:17 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 10:35 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Monday 11 of July 2011, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> > I reckon we probably have to bite the bullet and drop -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG
> > from solenv ?
>
>  I think we could simply force --without-system-libs (or at least for C++
> libs) when --enable-debug is used and that could do. I don't how much is
> _GLIBCXX_DEBUG is worth, but --without-system-libs doesn't look like that big
> price to pay.

I don't know if it's worth it. I mean even if we forced on
--without-system-libs for --enable-debug we would still probably need to
run around adding the moral equivalent of EXTRA_CFLAGS +=
-D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG to all the other external c++ modules we have to be
sure we don't mix stl versions.

I don't think we currently link against any unix system-installed c++
libraries which *don't* have internal equivalents, but if we did we'd be
back to square one again I guess.

> > p.s. There is another hack e.g. include <debug/list> vs include <list>
> > which might be work investigating.
>
>  How would that work? The non-debug 3rd-party lib will always use non-debug
> version of list and that means we'd have to manually somehow use non-debug
> version of list as well when interfacing with the library. That sounds pretty
> unfeasible in practice to me.

Yeah, I guess we end up with a link-time error instead of a weird
run-time error, which is an improvement I suppose, but not a very useful
one.

C.