[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2011][svgexport] weekly report #9

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Wed Jul 27 05:21:01 PDT 2011

Marco wrote:
> >>For each slide all animations are exported into the svg document:
> >>the exported animation elements are the same that are created by
> >>the odp format exporter.
> >>
> >Interesting - but maybe easier to have some pre-processed subset
> >first?
>
> Well surely I chose the hard way, but indeed after seeing how
> animations are exported in odp, it looks to me the more natural
> one.
> Not sure what you mean with "to have some pre-processed subset"
> could you elaborate ?

Hi Marco,

as outlined below - hard-code a fixed set of effects.

> What I am aiming to do is to perform a selective port of the
> slideshow engine to JavaScript. I'm still analyzing the animation
> engine implementation though, and I have to admit that is not a
> smooth path.
> Obviously the benefits would worth the effort, making a strong
> base for being able to implement the shape effects more easily.
> For instance I have already a good idea of how to port animation
> node classes, but then there is the need for events and activities
> too.
>
> As for exploiting the smil-subset supported by the svg language,
> I took it into account, anyhow after performing some test I saw
> that support for it is lacking in Firefox 3.6.x and above all in
> Internet Explorer 9, and also Google Chrome have same issue.

I'd strongly advise against trying to reimplement the animation
engine just yet. It's a large surface to cover - better have a
handful of animations hardcoded, that work next week - if there's
time later on, as I said, would be happy to see it. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten