[Libreoffice] iOS and convert to PDF

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Nov 14 11:03:17 PST 2011

I am sorry to say this, but it is fairly pointless to try to build for
iOS at this stage if you are not also prepared to dig into the
problems you will encounter and fix them, sorry.

Nobody is actively working on the iOS port right now. (As for myself I
am concentrating on the Android port at the moment. (Even if I
personally like iOS more, and don't even have any Android device;)
That's during work hours, and I don't have as much spare time and
energy as I would like...)

The error you see is in the C++/UNO bridge. It requires intimate
knowledge of the implementation details of the GCC C++ ABI, RTTI and
exception handling. (Knowledge that I for instance don't claim to
have.) Or at least courage to make educated guesses. (That I am better
at;)

The data structures used for this stuff are not public in the sense
that they would be defined in some header shipped with the SDK. One
has to go looking in the compiler and/or C++ library sources for them.
For instance http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/libcppabi/ .  Etc.

Sure, we could fake up or comment out stuff in the C++/UNO bridge for
now, and get it to compile. But we would know that it will certainly
not work then at run-time... As the C++/UNO bridge is needed for the
even simplest use of LO APIs, only the lowest levels of sal cppunit
testing can be run without a working C++/UNO bridge anyway.

If the above is a surprise, it shouldn't be. That's what it means when
I say "a lot of work remains to be done".

Anyway,  I thought I left the bridges module in a compilable state
last time I touched it, but apparently not then. I will try to have a
look...

--tml