[Libreoffice] iOS and convert to PDF

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Fri Nov 18 12:26:07 PST 2011

> this isn't a suitable way to develop code.

Indeed not. It is a way to experiment before some saner way exists,
nothing more.

> Is that where  you got the NSEnumerator stuff?

Most likely, I can't remember writing anything such myself...

> I guess it's an antique like all the Mac stuff.

Indeed. The Mac code uses APIs that were obsolete already in 10.4. It
doesn't compile against the 10.7 SDK, for instance, because there
these APIs have finally been removed altogether, under the assumption
that developers have had several years to adapt. Hah.

The sad fact for OOo/LO on the Mac is that if you want code that uses
current Mac OS X functionality, you need to turn to NeoOffice. Their
codebase is GPL, and thus we can't incorporate stuff from it into
LibreOffice. (Also, the fact that somebody already has done the
modernization work, makes it no fun to redo it just because of
licensing issues.)

--tml