[Libreoffice] message construction bloat ...

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Nov 23 05:56:13 PST 2011

On Wednesday 23 of November 2011, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	I know C++ doesn't like var-args, and I know var-args is type-unsafe,
> and thus per-se 'evil' :-) but it also happens to be really easy to use
> & read, better to translate, very familiar to most developers, and ...

 ... and they abort at runtime with anything that's not a plain type, most
notably C++ strings.

 And some of the arguments are rather weak as well, I can get you easy to use
and read, better to translate and similarly space efficient without var-args.
Wanna bet :) ?

 Also, string usage in LO is rather cumbersome as it is and in general it'd be
probably a good trade-off to waste a couple of bytes on each string operation
that doesn't need a whole line of code to express a trivial operation.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz