[Libreoffice] message construction bloat ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Nov 23 07:24:09 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 14:56 +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  ... and they abort at runtime with anything that's not a plain type, most
> notably C++ strings.

	:-)

>  And some of the arguments are rather weak as well, I can get you easy to use
> and read, better to translate and similarly space efficient without var-args.
> Wanna bet :) ?

	Sounds great to me; of course - it'd be nice if it compiled in linear
time too without including a million lines of odd boost templated
headers ;-) but certainly; if we can get something readable, and
typesafe that compiles to something -actually-small- - ie. a single
function call & setup; I'm all for it whatever it looks like - it sounds
like the best of all worlds.

>  Also, string usage in LO is rather cumbersome as it is and in general
> it'd be probably a good trade-off to waste a couple of bytes on each
> string operation that doesn't need a whole line of code to express a
> trivial operation.

	Sure; OTOH, I'm still looking for something as elegant, readable and
efficient as vasprintf ;-)

	ATB,

		Michael.