[Libreoffice] compilation issues of apple_remote

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Oct 26 23:55:34 PDT 2011

On 10/27/2011 08:36 AM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> I will give these a shot i have symbols enabled and at a certain point
> its complaining about missing 64bit symbols. How come for users on 10.7
> we dont have a native 64bit build as 10.7 runs as 64bit out of the box?

Jonathan, just for clarification:  Those missing symbols have nothing to
do with having "symbols enabled" (aka --enable-symbols).  The former is
about global symbols (representing C/C++ functions etc.) where one
dynamic library depends on symbols provided by another dynamic library
(i.e., one dynamic library calls a function implemented in another
dynamic library).  The latter is about internal symbols within a single
dynamic library (e.g., a static function that cannot be called from
outside, anyway) that would not be needed at runtime but make debugging
easier.

Stephan