[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] cherry-pick to 3-4: fix fdo#40590 defined names not resolved during file load

Eike Rathke ooo at erack.de
Tue Sep 13 10:55:28 PDT 2011

Hi Kohei,

On Tuesday, 2011-09-13 11:50:03 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:

> Actually, I would feel comfortable not cherry-picking these changes, but
> wait until 3.5.  There are quite a number of existing hacks in this area
> that are specially tailored for importing formula expressions, and they
> make it a bit harder for me to decide whether this change won't
> introduce issues in some weird corners.  Sorry about this.

Ok, that's what reviews and sign-offs are for ;)

The only "weird corners" that come to my mind are places where

a) AddString() would be abused similarly to the cases I changed.
   I thoroughly inspected every use of AddString() in the code but
   didn't find any other, both in master and 3-4.

b) lcl_ScDocFunc_CreateTokenArrayXML() is used in a context it's not
   supposed to be used. I _think_ this doesn't happen, as the only
   places using it are ScDocFunc::InterpretEnglishString() and
   ScDocFunc::EnterMatrix(), both if pDoc->IsImportingXML()==true

  Eike