[Libreoffice] IAccessible2 - Windows (from libreoffice-accessibility)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Sep 27 10:02:10 PDT 2011

Hi Christophe & Fridrich,

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 17:51 +0200, Christophe Strobbe wrote:
> My understanding was that IBM donated IAccessible2 code based on an
> OpenOffice.org version that was outdated by the time of their
..
> As far as I know, what IBM has done & working in-house and promised
> to release is Lotus Symphony code, i.e. with an SWT-based UI. SWT

	SWT is only a small part of the picture. Last I looked at Symphony it
had substantial chunks of OO.o UI left for advanced dialos, and clearly
for all the in-document a11y it will need to bridge to the native UNO
a11y impl.

	So - I think the SWT angle is a bit of a red-herring. The same bridge
code will still be needed, independent of the choice of toolkit for the
wrapper shell around it.

> LibreOffice would then have the choice between using the CWSes or
> integrating the UI from Lotus Symphony.

	So - I don't think this is accurate.

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 17:14 +0200, Fridrich Strba wrote:
> At ODF PlugFest in Berlin this July, IBM's Rob Weir announced that
> although they will make that code public, they will not do the AOOo
> integration of that code.

	I suspect times changes - IBM recently hired a handful of people to do
this integration work - hdu just announced himself on their list (eg.)

> I will not give here my interpretation of that statement, but it might
> be enough information for the wise.

	Thanks ;-)

		Michael.