Android UI work

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Apr 2 03:52:51 PDT 2012

> https://github.com/eagles051387/LibreOffice-Android-UI-

I notice that you have committed also "binaries" (build output files, even
temporary ones) into git...

Looking at the actual (single) source file (
https://github.com/eagles051387/LibreOffice-Android-UI-/blob/master/LoDroidUI/src/loDroid/UI/LO_Program_Selector.java),
I see maybe five lines of non-boilerplate code?

> My question though is what would be the best way to hook that project in
> with the core,

At this stage, I think that would be just a waste of time.

Do we even know if we want just one Android app that would contain all the
"aspects" (text, spreadsheet, presentation, drawing, database, formula)? I
find it likely that it would be better to have separate apps. In that case
we don't even need such a UI for selecting which aspect to start.

For instance Apple's office app suite for iOS consists of three separate
apps (text, spreadsheet, presentation) (i.e. Pages, Numbers and Keynote).

--tml