Android UI work

Jonathan Aquilina eagles051387 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 04:07:16 PDT 2012

On 4/2/12 12:52 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

>     https://github.com/eagles051387/LibreOffice-Android-UI-
>

> I notice that you have committed also "binaries" (build output files,
> even temporary ones) into git...
>
> Looking at the actual (single) source file
> (https://github.com/eagles051387/LibreOffice-Android-UI-/blob/master/LoDroidUI/src/loDroid/UI/LO_Program_Selector.java
> ), I see maybe five lines of non-boilerplate code?

So the menu xml file and the single java file would be sufficient to
commit to the LO repository, and nothing else?

>     My question though is what would be the best way to hook that
>     project in with the core,
>

> At this stage, I think that would be just a waste of time.
>
> Do we even know if we want just one Android app that would contain all
> the "aspects" (text, spreadsheet, presentation, drawing, database,
> formula)? I find it likely that it would be better to have separate
> apps. In that case we don't even need such a UI for selecting which
> aspect to start.

I am not saying a single app, I in a way trying to keep it with an
application chooser that would for instance open up the respectily
chosen application. The menu I did is equivalent to the application
chooser on linux mac etc. I have yet to start on the in application
menus for writer for instance.