OK to get rid of scaddins?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Feb 13 06:48:35 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 13:31 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Do we really need to keep "analysis" and "date" as separate shared
> libraries ?

	Ho hum; well - they are not used at calc startup, but they are at
document load - as soon as you start to enter a formula they are loaded,
and if you load a non-trivial calc document (ie. not just a
time-empty-doc-creation) they are loaded too.

>  Would it be OK to move their source code over to the "sc"
> module, and merge their objects into the "sc" library, and their
> .component files into sc.component?

	They could certainly both be merged together into a libscaddins or
somesuch; but I'd say in a 'merged' world, we'd want them all inside  a
'libsc' I think.

> Probably the code that refers to them could be simplified a bit then,
> too, but that I don't know how to do.

	The whole idea of doing that UNO de-coupling there is somewhat strange,
but I guess it provides a template for others that want to do that, and
prolly those fn's are not performance criticial.

	HTH,

		Michael.;