Obsoleting RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Feb 22 07:23:22 PST 2012

On Thursday 09 of February 2012, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Actually, no need for a week, this one is reasonably simple. Therefore I
> challenge RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM to a fight to the death. Its death,
> that is.
>
>  Attached is a patch that removes the need for RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM
> (henceafter called 'macro', because it annoys me to write this even in its
> death warrant) when using the OUString ctor. Assuming this code compiles
> also with MSVC[*], the result should be at least as good as when using the
> macro, except that it is not needed to use the macro.

 I have just pushed my latest version.

 Please do not go for any mass conversions yet, I want to keep modifications
limited to just something reasonably small and see how it works in practice.
I'll convert more stuff over the time (operators =, ==, OString, etc.) and if
it all works well, the macro usage can be cleaned up.

 I eventually went with non-explicit ctor and assuming string literals to be
utf-8. I'm rather ambivalent about the latter, I can see reasons for either
way, but it shouldn't be difficult to switch that forth and back.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz