Most elegant way to disable all BASIC functionality?

Andrew Douglas Pitonyak andrew at pitonyak.org
Sun Feb 26 21:56:42 PST 2012

It just occurred to me, if you disable Basic... How about add-ons and
extensions? For example, I frequently use an add-on / extension to
format certain types of text.

Sadly, I am not in a position to enumerate the extent of the limitations
if Basic is disabled. If simply disabling the IDE is sufficient, that
may work, but, I would then be curious as to what happens if an
extension fails in a way that would normally dump you in the IDE. Now
that I think about it, I can't say for sure that this ever occurs, I
just pretty much always have the IDE open, so, any errors usually focus
the IDE (or at least allow me to see them there).