Most elegant way to disable all BASIC functionality?

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Sun Feb 26 22:13:37 PST 2012

> It just occurred to me, if you disable Basic... How about add-ons and
> extensions?

There can be no add-on / extension functionality distributed
separately for an app on the iOS App Store. All functionality has to
be included in an app itself from start.

> Sadly, I am not in a position to enumerate the extent of the limitations if
> Basic is disabled.

Well, the most obvious one would be that VBA or StarBASIC code in
spreadsheet documents would be non-functional. Ditto for Writer
documents. (Of course, BASIC code can be present only in some of the
document formats.)

--tml