JUnit sc_complex fails in Localized enviroment

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 28 02:38:27 PST 2012

Hello Stephan,

2012/2/28 Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>:
> On 02/28/2012 08:47 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>>
>> On 02/27/2012 08:19 PM, Maciej Rumianowski wrote:
>>>
>>> I have build with pl and de languages and when I set all locale
>>> enviroment variables (LANG LC_*) to en_US.UTF-8 the test uses German
>>> language with output like:
>>

>> So you configured --with-lang='pl de' (i.e., without any mention of
>> en-US), and your solver/*/installation/opt/program/resource/ directory
>> does not contain any *en-US.res files? That would explain it.
>

> For the record,
>
> cd sc && LC_ALL=de_DE.utf8 make
> /data/lo/core/workdir/unxlngx6/JunitTest/sc_complex/done
>
> suffices to make this fail for me in a --with-lang='en-US de' build.

Let me take this over. I think that we might miss a step in our java
tests that forces the some parts of formulas. We had problems with
this already in our c++ based tests but were able to force them to
en-US too.

I think this might be another case that we need to force it like in
test/source/bootstrapfixture.cxx:95 and 96

IMHO it is not a good idea to change the tests so that they no longer
use the sheet names because we have them all over the place and it
will make the test code more complex tha necessary.

Markus