[Libreoffice] bug 36874 (label printing) further improvement?

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Jan 5 05:48:17 PST 2012

Winfried Donkers píše v Čt 05. 01. 2012 v 11:23 +0100:
> Of the 1789 label definitions (including cards), 1418 are symmetrical
>  and of standard paper size (A4, A5 or Letter). The remaining 371 have
>  either unusual/incorrect dimensions or are not symmetrical. This
>  encourages me to continue with the enhancement of including pper size
>  in the labels.xcu file.

Makes sense.

> A question therefore:
> What is best:
> -to create a new bug (with reference to 36874)

This is the best solution if you want to store the most important
comments on single page. The bug 36874 already is too long, so I suggest
to leave it closed. It did his job and fixed 80% of labels...

Alternatively, you might create wiki page for this "feature" and
describe the status and solution there.

> -use this list

This is the best place if you get into troubles with implementation and
need hints from other developers.

If you want to discuss the UI design, you might want to add
libreoffice-ux-advise at lists.freedesktop.org into CC.

> for all comments/discussion etc.?
> I think it would be good to have the comments together (traceable).

IMHO, it is nice to have but it is not worth to spend too much time with
it. If the solution is good, it will stay as is. If there are problems,
they will get solved as they come. Your proposal is definitely an
improvement and most people will like it.

Yup, it makes sense. You might ask on l10n at global.libreoffice.org
mailing list for help with translations.

Thanks a lot for working on it.

Best Regards,
Petr