[Libreoffice] Advice needed about some 3.4 named range related problem

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Fri Jan 13 09:29:59 PST 2012

Hi Guys,

We have a bug here in the suse system that highlights a regression
attempting to resolve a range by name. Note: this is not a problem on
master.

the failing macro code is something like so;

Sub test
     ProjectPlanSheet = ThisComponent.Sheets.getByName( "ProjectPlan" )
     chkCellControl = ProjectPlanSheet.getCellRangeByName( "TASK3_ON" )
End Sub

where "TASK3_ON" is a document global rangename

after some digging the commits on master that seem to be involved are
e9159d142a4f25bff88da3dd90e163135ae0bdfa &
9e8ae1d56076474e4673a953d8ebd726cb5daa18

I attach a backport of these patches ( in so far as I could backport
them with at times quite different code base )

Note: for this bug the patch to rangeutl.cxx seems sufficient, I
backported the rest for completeness. I want to sound you both out about
applying the patch either partially ( e.g. just the rangeutl.cxx part )
or even completely to 3.4 or... even find out if ye considered either
version too risky.

thanks,

Noel