[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] Re: [REVIEW][3.5] Writer layout fix for fdo#40438

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 07:27:52 PST 2012

On 18/01/12 13:33, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 22:23 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
>> On 13/01/12 18:07, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Could some of the other Writer gurus have a look at this patch: it
>>> should fix the crasher though it may not be perfect. I'ld prefer a peer
>>> review before cherry-picking it to 3.5
>>>
>>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=d83488
>>
>> hmmm... i've looked at the problem quite a bit, and my current opinion
>> is that your fix maybe doesn't really address the root cause, but it
>> doesn't seem to cause any obvious problems either, so i've pushed it.
>
> Sure, but I couldn't really figure out what proper fix we could do
> there.
>
>> the problem is really that we call a listener that wants to paint the
>> document in the middle of a layout, while the layout is in an
>> inconsistent state; but i'm not sure what exactly could be done about that.
>
> Yep, same here. Fixing the root cause without having side effects seems
> complex to me.

yes, and fixing that would likely turn out too complex to backport...

pushed fix to -3-4 as well now... since that also crashes, and the patch
helps.

>> PS: all those __memcpy_ssse3_back in the bug attached valgrind.log look
>> like positives?
>
> No idea... If someone wants to have a look at these, that would be nice.

errm, sorry i meant "false positives", guessing it's some newfangled
memcpy implementation that's so radically optimized that valgrind ends
up confused :)