[ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Mon Jul 2 09:13:50 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 12:09:49PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:

> gerrit is documented and ready to go. Please use it for code review
> as much as possible now as it simplifies things a lot over manual
> patch fiddling on mailing lists.

So, I went to https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/255/

Then I click on "sw/source/core/bastyp/SwSmartTagMgr.cxx" just to
*see* what this patch is about. I go back to previous page, and now
this line has a green mark in "Reviewed". This gives the idea that
I somehow approve of these changes. I DO NOT, I have only glanced at
them and have not emitted any opinion on the changes. Yes, I can
uncheck the "reviewed" checkbox, but frankly this is *very*
dangerous. I think it should *really* *really* *really* mark something
as "reviewed" by me only *after* explicit request by me AND NOT
AUTOMATICALLY because I merely loaded the diff in my browser!!!

When I click "Diff All Side-by-Side" (or "Diff All Unified"), it shows
me only the first file with a link to the (diff) of the next file. I
expected to see the diff for *all* files on one page. That is much
more convenient to check if the changes in one file match the changes
in another file. For example: the signature of a function is called in
foo.h and everywhere it is called (in bar.cxx and qux.cxx), the call
is adapted correctly.

--
Lionel