[REVIEW-3-5][REVIEW-3-5-1] libxml2 on MacOSX

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 03:27:54 PST 2012

On 02/23/2012 09:48 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> shows that only a handful of executables and dynamic libraries use
> system libxml (/usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib or
> /usr/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib)---all of which are apparently only used
> during the build (if at all) and not included in the installation set
> (see below).

For the record,
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=7c4f2ec8a795534164ee1923093b7d5be0126c55>
"Simplify install name handling for external libraries on Mac OS X"
should now cause all our (external) libraries to be correctly referenced
from other executables and libraries on Mac OS X.

I hope that commit does not cause any trouble on Mac OS X 10.4 build
machines that apparently are more picky with requiring -dylib_file
linker arguments than 10.6 (the only platform I can test on myself).

Stephan