exporting symbols on Windows

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 08:22:20 PST 2012

Hello,

I was again working on gbuild'izing, this time on Windows only
embedserv/. (patch attached)
I don't know if it is used for something but if it is, we need to
export symbols from inprocserv.dll listed in
embedserv/source/inprocserv/exports.dxp.

So I have done:

ifeq ($(COM),MSC)
$(eval $(call gb_Library_add_ldflags,inprocserv,\
   /EXPORT:DllCanUnloadNow \
   /EXPORT:DllGetClassObject \
   /EXPORT:DllMain \
   /EXPORT:DllRegisterServer \
   /EXPORT:DllUnregisterServer \
))
endif

Will that work ? I am not sure how that works with name mangling. I
read somewhere you can control name mangling only with .def files.

And what about MinGW ? I guess we need there SAL_DLLPUBLIC_EXPORT (We
can't use that for MSVC because declarations are in system headers.)

So is this the way how to do it and maybe we could finally fix
nsplugin this way ? Because we do not export symbols from there.
Or do we need .def files ?

Matus