finding code for UI strings ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu May 31 03:27:53 PDT 2012

Hi Joel,

On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 08:46 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> I'll look into that second src file, I wonder how I missed it.

	I imagine it is the ~ which tags an accelerator (rendering the next
character with an underline).

>  What grep command did you use and in what version of LO ?

	I use git grep, but Noel prolly uses something better.

	Incidentally, this reminds me of an easy-hack that would be wonderful
if someone could do it.

	I'd love to have a small web service that goes from UI string to source
code file. That of course would need to deal with the accelerator
annoyances.

	It would need to find the UI resource name - and (with that) could
easily backend that onto http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/

	I guess building an index of string -> 'FOO_MAGIC_ID_NAME' is what is
needed - should be a small python script or somesuch. Kohei wrote a nice
python .src file parser in the past which is here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/tree/scratch/layout-src2xml/source/srcparser.py?h=libreoffice-3-4

	If no-one wants to take it, I'll create an easy-hack I guess :-)

	Great to have you around Joel - thanks for jumping in and helping out !

	Regards,

		Michael.