another boundaries for libmerged

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Sep 6 08:08:11 PDT 2012

Hi Matus,

On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 21:36 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> last time I was merging new libs [0], it was nightmare.

	:-)

> I tried too much and then had to keep basegfx, i18nisolang and tl
> unmerged because they are used for executables such as rsc and svidl
> which are used before libmerged is created, so there would be cyclic
> dependencies.

	Oh drat, that is annoying. I wonder if we can create multiple shared
libraries from the same object files to solve that - and link the
build-time tools to those (?).

> I think we are ~done with general libraries needed when launching LibreOffice.

	Sounds great - how many did we manage to ram into libmerged ?

> I would appreciate if someone could check (review)
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/480/

	Looks fine to me :-)

> It's a little annoying when you need to do things as
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=b4f030f0e3a702e6398698eff08e21141f2c761f
> but after gbuild_ure is in master I will probably try to merge
> something, once more time. (from stoc/ ..) I assume it is still needed for android ?

	Yes - we're still under significant shlib count pressure on android
sadly; and of course for iOS we'll need to statically link ~everything
into one binary - which is rather more of a fun challenge :-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.