Removing C++ SDK examples, clearly encouraging Python extensions (was: LibreOffice prints on tuesdays)

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Wed Apr 3 01:50:46 PDT 2013

Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> As for IDEs: Actually I dont think that many Python stuff is done in
> a IDE -- most is simply written in an editor.

I think you are wrong, at least when we're talking about the classic
3rd party mostly-closed-classic-development-shop.

It seems to be a real market -
  http://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments

> Instead of caring about a zoo of IDEs or enterprisy deployment
> tools, what is needed is:
> a/ well maintained examples
> b/ some tutorials and youtube vidoes showing how simple it is

False dichotomy - you'd want to appeal both to the casual hacker that
wants the quick solution, _and_ the enterprise...

My 2 cents,

-- Thorsten