Python extension not working on Mac (LibreOffice 4.0.2.2)

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Apr 18 08:51:49 PDT 2013

On 04/18/2013 11:15 AM, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> The problem is that on the installation LibreOffice 4 reports this error:
>   "(com.sun.star.lang.DispoedException) {{{ Message="Binary URP bridge
> disposed during call", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @21f87558
> }}}"

When you ask LO to install an extension, it offloads the work of
actually loading the extension's files to an additional process, and
that process apparently crashed.  One way that could help to find out
more is to set "ulimit -c unlimited", hope that the crashing process
leaves a core file behind in /cores/, and use gdb to get a backtrace.

> Doing a bit of investigation I've found that if I delete this line:
> <manifest:file-entry
> manifest:media-type="application/vnd.sun.star.uno-component;type=Python"
> manifest:full-path="Scripts/MendeleyDesktopAPI.py"/>
>
> from the file (inside the extension) META-INF/manifest.xml then it can be
> installed correctly (but it doesn't work).

With that, LO will ignore the Python code in the extension, so it will
effectively behave like a no-op extension---which trivially installs
fine but does not do anything.

Stephan