Python extension not working on Mac (LibreOffice 4.0.2.2)

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Thu Apr 18 10:07:31 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Apr/18/2013, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 04/18/2013 11:15 AM, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> >The problem is that on the installation LibreOffice 4 reports this error:
> >  "(com.sun.star.lang.DispoedException) {{{ Message="Binary URP bridge
> >disposed during call", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @21f87558
> >}}}"
>
> When you ask LO to install an extension, it offloads the work of
> actually loading the extension's files to an additional process, and
> that process apparently crashed.  One way that could help to find out
> more is to set "ulimit -c unlimited", hope that the crashing process
> leaves a core file behind in /cores/, and use gdb to get a backtrace.

sadly /cores/ remains empty. I called the unopkg add extension.oxt after
executing the ulimit -c unlimited

Any other way to get some information? (besides compiling LibreOffice
and adding debug things here and there).

> >Doing a bit of investigation I've found that if I delete this line:
> ><manifest:file-entry
> >manifest:media-type="application/vnd.sun.star.uno-component;type=Python"
> >manifest:full-path="Scripts/MendeleyDesktopAPI.py"/>
> >
> >from the file (inside the extension) META-INF/manifest.xml then it can be
> >installed correctly (but it doesn't work).
>
> With that, LO will ignore the Python code in the extension, so it
> will effectively behave like a no-op extension---which trivially
> installs fine but does not do anything.

Initially I thought that LO would not execute any code from the
extension on the installation step. I guess that it can call some
post-installation method for setting up (I've seen it in some other
extensions).

If someone wants to try to install the extension: it's here:
http://pinux.info/files/Mendeley-1.8.4.oxt
Fails here on Mac, but maybe someone wants to give a try.

Regards,

--
Carles Pina i Estany
	Web: http://pinux.info || Blog: http://pintant.cat