Cppcheck: "bContainsDate" not read in templateremoteview.cxx (sfx2)

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 02:43:00 PST 2013

On Sun, 2013-01-27 at 14:02 -0800, julien2412 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Cppcheck detected this:
> sfx2/source/control/templateremoteview.cxx
> 129	unreadVariable	style	Variable 'bContainsDate' is assigned a value that
> is never used.
>
> Here are the lines:
>     124                     bool bContainsDate = !xRow->wasNull();
>     125
>     126                     if ( !bContainsDate )
>     127                     {
>     128                         aDT = xRow->getTimestamp( ROW_DATE_CREATE );
>     129                         bContainsDate = !xRow->wasNull();
>     130                     }
>
> see
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sfx2/source/control/templateremoteview.cxx#116
>
> Should line 129 just be removed or bContainsDate should be used in some way
> or bContainsDate shouldn't be a new variable for each while loop?

Hmm, not alone is bContainsDate not used anywhere, neither is the
datetime aDT. Maybe there was intended eventually to be something that
consumed the date time.

So, unless Rafael has other plans, it looks to me that you can remove
the bContainsDate lines, the aDT = lines, and the getPropertyValue(..)
>>= aDT block.

C.