Cppcheck: "bContainsDate" not read in templateremoteview.cxx (sfx2)

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 12 05:58:43 PST 2013

Caolán McNamara wrote
> On Sun, 2013-01-27 at 14:02 -0800, julien2412 wrote:
>> Should line 129 just be removed or bContainsDate should be used in some
>> way
>> or bContainsDate shouldn't be a new variable for each while loop?
>
> Hmm, not alone is bContainsDate not used anywhere, neither is the
> datetime aDT. Maybe there was intended eventually to be something that
> consumed the date time.
>
> So, unless Rafael has other plans, it looks to me that you can remove
> the bContainsDate lines, the aDT = lines, and the getPropertyValue(..)
>>>= aDT block.

I don't know if you received some information from Raphael but if we remove
aDT variable, does it also mean this whole block can be removed?

    147                     if ( bHasTargetURL &&
    148                         INetURLObject( aContentURL ).GetProtocol()
== INET_PROT_VND_SUN_STAR_HIER )
    149                     {
    150                         ucbhelper::Content aCnt( aTargetURL,
m_xCmdEnv, comphelper::getProcessComponentContext() );
    151
    152                         try
    153                         {
    154                             aCnt.getPropertyValue("DateModified")
>>= aDT;
    155                         }
    156                         catch (...)
    157                         {}
    158                     }

or does the call to Content constructor initialize something that I missed
and therefore, only the try/catch of this block might be removed?

Julien