Change in core[master]: fdo#40465 solve regression when zooming with cursor not visi...

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 10:06:39 PST 2013

Hi Winfried,

On Wednesday, 2013-01-16 08:42:07 +0100, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> > the original commit contained a spurious "dictionaries" change, please don't
> > use "git commit -a"
>
> I did notice that after submitting to gerrit.
> "git diff" didn't show it.

Hint: always do a  git status  if you are not 100% sure what would be
committed before using  git add -u  or  git commit -a
Alternatively, selectively add the files to be committed using  git add
before  git commit

> On another patch I had the same problem and couldn't get rid of it.
> I started with a clean and current master, cherry-picked the patch from gerrit and couldn't remove the "change".
> It ended in abandoning the first gerrit-change submitting again a new patch to gerrit, not a method I like...

The change ID of the already existing gerrit change can be manually
added (replacing the one that was newly created with git commit) to the
commit message of the last existing commit using  git commit --amend

  Eike

New GnuPG key 0x65632D3A : 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Old GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack