LO /  Firebird DB Integration

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Fri Jun 14 11:49:12 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Brief update: I now have Firebird (2.5) building within LibreOffice --
only tested on Suse x64 -- I've still not sorted out all the
installation details yet though so no idea how things will run in
practice (should be fairly simple based on
http://www.firebirdfaq.org/Firebird-Embedded-Linux-HOWTO.html ), I'll
start on that once I have Windows happy.

The Windows build looks like it'll be somewhat tricky, running configure
fails at the moment with
    configure: error: unsupported platform i686-pc-cygwin
According to the instructions at
http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/building-the-code/ you are supposed to
just run three .bat scripts, but I'm not sure how well that'll integrate
with the rest of the LO build system -- I'll update once I understand more.

Cheers,
    Andrzej