LO /  Firebird DB Integration

Javier Fernandez jfernandez at igalia.com
Sat Jun 15 12:03:42 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 14/06/13 20:49, Andrzej J. R. Hunt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Brief update: I now have Firebird (2.5) building within LibreOffice --
> only tested on Suse x64 -- I've still not sorted out all the
> installation details yet though so no idea how things will run in
> practice (should be fairly simple based on
> http://www.firebirdfaq.org/Firebird-Embedded-Linux-HOWTO.html ), I'll
> start on that once I have Windows happy.

Nice work !!! We haven't been able to build Firebird inside libreoffice
at the beginning, so we movd to the system library instead. Perhaps you
could take that as reference for the installation details you mentioned.

BTW, I've tested your changes in the branch and this is what I get by
opening an already created ODB file configured for Firebird:

warn:cppuhelper:664:1:cppuhelper/source/shlib.cxx:501: loading component
library failed:
file://$HOME/libo.git/solver/unxlngx6/installation/opt/program/../program/libfirebird-sdbclo.so
'com::sun::star::loader::CannotActivateFactoryException'

I think that issue is related to the installation details mentioned before.

I want to use this email as well to introduce a new section in the wiki,
related to the Firebird driver implementation:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Base/FirebirdSQL#Firebird_driver_implementation

I've added some notes about the current status of the driver
implementation and some tasks to organize a bit the work to be done to
complete the implementation.

I have not too much time at this moment, but I'll try some hours every
week. Feel free to assign one of those tasks or adding them to your
personal schedule. I'll be available at the IRC for discussing details
and help you the best I can, if needed.