LO /  Firebird DB Integration

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Jun 20 11:20:00 PDT 2013

On 20/06/13 16:40, Andrzej J. R. Hunt wrote:

> I've finally managed to figure out how to get the install working -- the
> driver now loads fine. For the moment however the following is needed
> for things to work:
>
> FIREBIRD=./install/program/firebird
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$(LD_LIBRARY_PATH):./install/program/firebird/lib
> ../install/program/soffice.bin --base
>
> I'm not entirely sure how to provide these paths within LO to avoid
> having to prepend them yet.

why is it necessary to install the firebird libraries in some subdir of
program?  all other libraries (with notable exceptions) live directly in
program.  if the libraries have RPATH  "$ORIGIN:$ORIGIN/../ure-link/lib"
then they'll be able to find the other libraries (but it may take some
measures to get that RPATH in there).

> I'm also not entirely certain everything will work as expected yet
> either -- I haven't found a definitive list of files which Firebird 2.5
> requires in embedded mode -- if anything is missing it can be however
> easily be added to the bottom of firebird/ExternalPackage_firebird.mk.
>
> The firebird specific libraries (fb builds its own versions
> libicuuc/libicudata/etc.) are currently in install/program/firebird/lib

really?  it bundles its own ICU?  argh... can you teach it to use the
LO's ICU instead?  no reason why we'd need to ship 2 sets of ICU libraries.

> (I've simply copied the firebird installation structure into
> install/program/firebird, although I've installed as few files as
> possible as most of them seem to only be needed for a full FB server) --
> I'm not entirely sure how correct this is, but libfbembed (which is in
> the usual place i.e. install/program) doesn't look for
> libicuuc/libicudata/etc. in the usual locations (I have little/no idea
> of how library loading works yet, or the appropriate terminology
> either...), hence it seemed to make more sense to me to just leave them
> in the place that firebird expects them to be since the path apparently
> needs to be set wherever they are.

i'd hope that with the right RPATH it should find the right ICU... but i
guess your first problem is to get it to _build_ against the right
ICU... perhaps you just have to add some CFLAGS etc. but perhaps it
looks for icu-config...