LO /  Firebird DB Integration

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Fri Jun 21 12:35:13 PDT 2013

Hi there,

I've managed to get FB to build with the LO ICU eventually as suggested,
which saves having to do any changes to the RPATH -- that certainly
seems the most elegant solution (only one library is created, which ends
up in install/program).

Unfortunately I had to make some changes to the FB makefiles --
LD_LIBRARY_PATH has to be passed in for the binaries which the build
process creates and uses to work (since they link against LO's ICU),
however this gets overwritten in certain places in the FB build system,
which I've had to modify for the build to succeed.

(I still need to finish creating/integrating the FB patches, I'll push
this once I've tested that everything works as expected.)

Cheers,

    Andrzej