Problems amending commit

Philipp Weissenbacher p.weissenbacher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 14:28:02 PST 2013

Hi all,

I have problems incorporating the changes suggested by Thomas Arnhold
in Change-Id: I98c1ffcb.

I tried the following (following the wiki and Winfried's question regarding
this
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/how-to-submit-a-patch-set-2-or-greater-to-gerrit-td4027094.html
):

philipp at styx libo$ ./logerrit cherry-pick I98c1ffcb4
>From ssh://logerrit/core
 * branch            refs/changes/39/2539/2 -> FETCH_HEAD
# On branch master
# Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 4 commits.
#   (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
#
# You are currently cherry-picking.
#   (all conflicts fixed: run "git commit")
#
# Changes not staged for commit:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
directory)
#
# modified:   sc/source/core/data/dociter.cxx
#
no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
The previous cherry-pick is now empty, possibly due to conflict resolution.
If you wish to commit it anyway, use:

    git commit --allow-empty

Otherwise, please use 'git reset'
philipp at styx libo$ git commit -a --amend && ./logerrit submit
fatal: You are in the middle of a cherry-pick -- cannot amend.

I tried to git reset --hard and do the cherry-pick + editing + git commit
--amend again, but to no avail. I always end up with "fatal: You are in the
middle of a cherry-pick -- cannot amend."

Any help much appreciated.

I really should've used branches like in the wiki. :-/

Regards,
Philipp