archive / install slowness ...

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 5 04:34:50 PST 2013

Hi David, *,

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM, David Ostrovsky <david.ostrovsky at gmx.de> wrote:

> So let's pick up this ARCHIVE from file_python.scp and check what's going on
> there
> (i ommited non important pieces):
>
> File gid_File_Py_Python_Core
>   #ifdef MACOSX
>     Name = "LibreOfficePython.framework.zip";
>   #else
>     Name = STRING(CONCAT3(python-core-,PYVERSION,.zip));
>   #endif
> End
>
> It seems that LibreOfficePython.framework.zip is packaged in
> python3/CustomTarget_PythonFramework.mk
> while python-core-PYVERSION.zip is packaged in
> pyuno/CustomTarget_zipcore.mk
>
> (Why it can't be done in the same place anyway? Easy hack candidate?)
> If you check how it is packaged, it is different, though.

Obviously it is different, since the Mac one is built as framework, a
concept that doesn't exist on linux. And it is built in python, since
it is silly to deliver a whole directory to somewhere else and package
it there, when the directory laout and files is already what you want.
So yes, similar stuff should probably be done for linux.

But that's not really the question of this thread :-)

The point why it is packaged into a zip in the first place (and then
unpacked when building the installset) is the reason Michael stated:
Otherwise you'd need tons of scp2 entries. Using a zip is a nice
shorthand.

If there was a "recursive directory" thing in scp2, that wouldn't be needed.
Then you could just copy the files to solver and package from there.

>> - put a reference to the directory in $WORKDIR in scp2 instead of the
>> tarring the
>>  external product
>
> hardly doable (well at least in that case): different locations, logic.

I don't see a difference. Instead of creating file.zip, create a
folder "unpacked_zip" - why should that not be doable?

But cleaning up the perl code, to make it more like perl would surely
also help to some extent.

ciao
Christian