thank you

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Mar 11 06:09:04 PDT 2013

Hi Kim,

On Sun, 2013-03-10 at 23:42 +0000, Kim YongRim wrote:
> Thank you, I am sorry disturbing you.
> whoud you like to help me? I think you do so.

	:-)

> I would like to ask you serveral questions.
> 1. Have you LO project's requirement specifications?

	There are no formal requirements of specifications - clearly we want to
provide a Free Software Office Suite to tons of users.

> 2. Have you LO project's architecture design, each kind of design
> document related with architecture design? for exmaple, class diagram,
> use-case diagram, dependency and etc.

	We have documentation at:

	http://docs.libreoffice.org/

	We have module inter-dependencies generated (which I guess we should
somehow work out how to link there) here:

	http://ostrovsky.org/libo/lo.png
	http://ostrovsky.org/libo/lo.graphviz

> 3. Now I am conding in Linux konsole, have you other developmet tools
> like MS visual studio or Eclipse and where do you work in ? What
> development tools do you use?

	That's very much a personal-taste issue; eg. I use 'emacs' many others
use 'vi' or a variant; any professional tool for editing would no doubt
work which would include Eclipse / MSVC etc. I'd strongly recommend not
using the moral equivalent of 'notepad' ;-)

> 4. Today, LO is very much large and heavy. It needs high cpu and
> memory.   From here, you lost lots of user. have you  solution it? If
> you have, what is it?

	Sure - the solution is to chip away at the problem incrementally, and
also to build better metrics.

> 5. In future, Offline Office would disappear and Web Office like
> google doc is used widely. I make WebOffice by using LO, is it
> possible?

	Yes; compile on Linux with --enable-gtk3, then:

export GDK_BACKEND=broadway
export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk3

	run soffice - and connect to localhost:8080 - this is of course a
-prototype- proof of concept not a product - patches (not bug reports)
appreciated.

	Looking forward to your first patches; what are you interested in
working on ?

	All the best,

		Michael.