About coverity 705665 (javaunohelper.cxx)

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Tue Mar 12 12:52:43 PDT 2013

> That native com.sun.star.comp.helper.SharedLibraryLoader.component_getFactory()
> method doesn't take any prefix argument, it always looks for a symbol
> called exactly "component_getFactory".

Forgot to mention, first it looks for a symbol called
"component_getImplementationEnvironment", no prefix there either, and
if that isn't found, it doesn't look for "component_getFactory". Very
few of our own components have any
component_getImplementationEnvironment(), which also suggests this
code isn't intended for loading our own components, but for loading
3rd-party ones.

Anyway, in that
javaunohelper/com/sun/star/comp/helper/SharedLibraryLoader.java ,
there is some code that talks about a "default library which contains
the SharedLibraryLoader component" that would be called
shlibloader.uno (presumably with .dll, .so or .dylib appended). But I
don't see any such library being built. So that code at least can't be
useful, can it?

Indeed I now notice that this whole SharedLibraryLoader class is
marked as @deprecated.

--tml