Where to find the sources for the tinderbox status?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Sun May 12 13:45:53 PDT 2013

Hi Philipp, *,

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Philipp Riemer <ruderphilipp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the link. Uh, Perl...

regular expressions would be mor or less the same in other langauges,
so no difference here. And using something else than perl "just for
the sake of it" would be pointless.

> Nevertheless, the important line seems to
> be:
>
> ($line =~ /\b(?<!\/)[Ee]rror(?!\.)\b/)|| # C make error
> [...]
> What I want, is to ignore it if there is ... at the end of the string:

You didn't bother to look at the whole file, so I won't bother to
write a long reply right now.

> So far I have the following (see <http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html>):
>
> (?!\.) matches
> (1) a single arbitrary character or

no.

> (2) an exclamation mark or

no.

the ? signals a group-matching modifier. i.e. it changes the meaning
of the () block. ?! makes the stuff in () to be a "A zero-width
negative look-ahead assertion."

> (3) a dot

yes (and no) - it matches a dot inside the (), but the whole rule says
it should only match the previous part *not* followed by a dot.

Similarily, the (?<!\/) is a "A zero-width negative look-behind assertion"

So the pattern matches Error or error, but only if that [Ee]rror is
not after a / and not before a .

> and the \b stands for "boundary" (alphanum on the left and !alphanum on the
> right or the other way around), so obviously both, the tick and the slash,
> are !alphanum (as is the colon, which should still match)...

Nah, you'r tricking yourself again. \b ist a change of \w to \W (not
just alphanum, but also _ and some additional unicode characters) or
the other way round, as you wrote yourself.
But a line like  foo/Error.something would happily match \bError\b -
as the / marks a switch - but it should *not* match.

> So maybe the easiest would be to add a "and !(A or B)" to the line to
> invalidate a false positive match?

No, see my comment abve about you not looking at the whole file.

There are a bunch of whitelist lines in there, lines that matche the
overall error-marking regexes, that should be *ignore*d (hint, hint
:-))) and not counted as errors.

ciao
Christian