GSOC 2014

Akhil Killawala akhil.killawala at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 06:10:49 PDT 2014

I , Akhil Killawala would like to apply for an internship project for GSOC
@)!$ with your company.

In a fast-paced and dynamic world, it is important to be commercially
aware, flexible and open-minded. My understanding of the role is that it
requires quick learners with strong communication, interpersonal and
numerical skills.I have completed basic level of programming languages like
Linux and Latex as well as basic and advance level course in Visual Basic,
C, C++, Java, Ubuntu, Python, PHP. In addition to possessing these
attributes, my summer school courses in Macroeconomics (LSE, UK) would
ideally help me understand and analyse the multi-dimensional economic
scenario to ultimately contribute my bit. Also have started up a Campus
Company called ResuMEntor where students are assisted with building resumes
, mock GD and mock PI.With my scholarly background and analytical faculty,
I would be able to bring a wider view upon the operations of the project.

Supplementing my competitive academic qualifications, involvement in varied
extra-curricular activities has given me immense confidence in my ability
to pursue a rewarding career. My success as the First Year Engineering
Headof KJSCE Students Chapter CSI (Computer Society of India) and Jt.
General Secretary of SAHAS council (Students Association of Humanities and
Science) and organiser of events like MUN, Tech-snakes and Ladder, temple
run demonstrate my leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and ability
to think creatively. Also organising seminar like Microsoft-Windows 8
Prelaunch and working on various successful group projects has helped
develop my understanding for improving organizational efficiency and
overall decision making through team work.Currently the General Secretary
of UNICODE Cell which aims at research and technical papers. I feel it
worthwhile to mention that most of my personal goals move in line with my
career goals.

Yours sincerely,
Akhil Killawala