make gbuildtojson and make xx-ide-integration problems.

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:51:52 UTC 2016

Hey Jan,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Jan Iversen <jani at documentfoundation.org>
wrote:

> (RESENDING WITHOUT ATTACHMENTS)
>

> 2) xx-ide-integration
> I have test with Xcode and vim, same result (clearly because error occurs
> during startup.
>
>  make vim-ide-integration
> make -j 8 -rs -f /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/Makefile.gbuild
> gbuildtojson
> cd /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core && /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/bin/gbuild-to-ide
> --ide vim --make make
> 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/bin/gbuild-to-ide", line 1656, in
> <module>
>     gbuildparser = GbuildParser(args.makecmd).parse()
>   File "/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/bin/gbuild-to-ide", line 185, in
> parse
>     lib = self.__lib_from_json(json.load(f))
>   File "/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/bin/gbuild-to-ide", line 136, in
> __lib_from_json
>     GbuildParser.libpattern.match(os.path.basename(json['MAKEFIL
> E'])).group(1),
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
> Makefile:413: recipe for target 'vim-ide-integration' failed
> make: *** [vim-ide-integration] Error 1
>
> I ran it in my debugger and the file in question is
> '/workdir/GbuildToJson/Library/libscqahelper.dylib’ which has
> ‘“MAKEFILE": "'/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/sc/CppunitTest_sc_ucalc.mk’”’
> (see attachment GbuildToJson.tgz).
>

> The first problem, seems not to have a serious effect (the json files are
> identical between first and second run), but the second one means no
> ide-integration
>
> I look forward to hear your advice, my intention is currently to keep
> testing/correcting this until I have an acceptable solution on mac and
> windows, then that can be used as base for the perl removal and busybox
> integration.
>
> rgds
> jan I.

So this is related to my patch bringing the unit tests into gbuildtojson.
Sadly I can not reproduce it but already had another person with the same
problem and forwarded my analysis to Björn. Somehow the makefiles info is
mixed up at some point but I was unable to figure out when and why. IF you
need a quick way to continue your work you can revert
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=ee8057caaa26dcddbf80b1e0a2f02d250089d1e3
which should "fix" the problem.

Obviously a correct fix would be helpful and having the tests in
gbuildtojson is a useful addition.

Regards,
Markus