testing commonsallayout branch

Milos Sramek sramek.milos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 11:40:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

you can find results of my testing in
http://bender.dam.fmph.uniba.sk/~milos/roundtrip/layouttext/rslt-web-mod.ods

I've tested 149 files obtained from the officeshots repository at
http://dav.officeshots.org/testsuites/. I've tested the last 5.2
released version and the master version on Windows. Linux and Mac.In the
table they are separated by a black vertical bar.

Since there is no gold standard, I took the 5.2 version on Linux as a
reference to which I've compared all other versions. Maybe that a
different one should have been taken as the reference. The results are
sorted, with the worst graded (largest differences) on top.

To see the difference it is best to view the document overlay in the
second column (labeled as THE). The first column (LND) shows the
documents side-by-side, where just large differences are visible. 3-rd
and 4-th columns show details.

Observations:
Rendering on MAC differs from that on Linux more than rendering on
Windows. This seems to be partially caused by a slightly large line
spacing on Mac. On Win and Lin letter 'g' touches table lines below
which changes number of detected lines in the document. Examples: lines
8 and 9. It is unclear if the Mac version is OK or the Win&Lin.
Another reason: incorrect drop caps in master on Mac, lines 3, 7 and 9

Improvements: lines 12, 13, 16, 17, 26-29, only on Windows, on Mac and
LINUX were OK before

Line 18: something has changed in master, which applies to all
platforms. It is not related to the layout engine

I think that each difference should be analyzed separately - sometimes
it may be caused by the layout engine, but sometimes perhaps by
something different.

I will be glad to test a different set of files, which may be eventually
more appropriate. If interpretation of the results in unclear, please ask.

best
Milos

email & jabber: sramek.milos at gmail.com