List of missing calc functions (slightly wrong at times)

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Thu Apr 6 09:23:21 UTC 2017

Hi Thorsten,

> Moggi mentioned you might be interested - here's a comparison between
> Excel, Calc, Google Sheets & Numbers for Mac:
>
> https://www.heise.de/mac-and-
> i/downloads/65/2/1/7/2/5/5/4/Formelfunktionen_Vergleich.pdf
>
> (sadly the function names are German, but that should be mappable -
> slightly more annoying is the fact that apparently the authors got it
> wrong in a number of cases, mostly missing a Calc function that is
> actually there).

Interesting indeed.

On our wiki we have
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_Microsoft_Office#Spreadsheet_applications:_LibreOffice_Calc_vs._Microsoft_Excel
and
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Functions_comparison_of_LibreOffice_Calc_and_Numbers#Comparison_of_functions
of which the second one may be somewhat out of date.

I have no specific short term plans to add new functions to Calc; the creation of much better unit tests revealed quite some bugs (mostly minor or concerning unusual use cases) that I haven't finished fixing yet.

Winfried