List of missing calc functions (slightly wrong at times)

Dennis Roczek dennisroczek at libreoffice.org
Thu Apr 6 12:20:51 UTC 2017

Hi Winfried,

On 06.04.2017 11:23, Winfried Donkers wrote:
> Hi Thorsten,
>

>> Moggi mentioned you might be interested - here's a comparison between
>> Excel, Calc, Google Sheets & Numbers for Mac:
>>
>> https://www.heise.de/mac-and-
>> i/downloads/65/2/1/7/2/5/5/4/Formelfunktionen_Vergleich.pdf
>>
>> (sadly the function names are German, but that should be mappable -
>> slightly more annoying is the fact that apparently the authors got it
>> wrong in a number of cases, mostly missing a Calc function that is
>> actually there).
>
> Interesting indeed.
>
> On our wiki we have
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_
Microsoft_Office#Spreadsheet_applications:_LibreOffice_Calc_vs._Microsof
t_Excel
> and
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Functions_comparison_of_LibreOffic
e_Calc_and_Numbers#Comparison_of_functions
> of which the second one may be somewhat out of date.
not out of date.
Apple Numbers was just updated (in March) and what I have found was that
there aren't any new functions. But I will do a "indepth" new comparison
later this month.

The missing bits are only the statistical comparison I hadn't any time
(but I do promise to finish that in the next few months)

For all missing functions from number were bug reports created (and some
other were I found either documentations errors or ODF/OOXML
implementation errors).

I hadn't added LibreOffice newer functions as they are simply added to
LibreOffice and not to Numbers (and don't improve the comparison).

> I have no specific short term plans to add new functions to Calc; the
creation of much better unit tests revealed quite some bugs (mostly mino
r or concerning unusual use cases) that I haven't finished fixing yet.