Help Libreoffice build problems, with custom Linux distro

Dimitrije Dinic dinic.dimitrije at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 12:00:46 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,
since I am posting for the first time, I would like to say official
"Thanks" to all of you who employ enthusiasm to maintain this valuable
piece of software.

I am trying to build Libreoffice form sources, on a custom linux distro,
and ran into few problems, so I would try to extract only important
information:

   - building form tarball: libreoffice-5.3.2.2.tar.gz
   - Linux disto I am using is based on musl libc, and I applied alipne
   Linux pathches (libreoffice builds on alpine linux, just a note)
   - environment is set up by the way it is described on your wiki
   documentation about Linux builds, plus I set up some additional tweaks to
   be able to run build at all. These details perhaps are so not important in
   this initial message.

Builds goes pretty far (around 45 mins on my i7 laptop), and at one point i
get linker errors, which I will post only a portion:

[DEP] LNK:Library/liblocaledata_es.so
[LNK] Library/liblocaledata_es.so
[DEP] LNK:Library/liblocaledata_euro.so
[LNK] Library/liblocaledata_euro.so
[DEP] LNK:Library/liblocaledata_others.so
[LNK] Library/liblocaledata_others.so
/mnt/userfs/home/builddir/libreoffice-5.3.2.2/workdir/GenCxxObject/CustomTarget/i18npool/localedata/localedata_es_AR.o:
In function `getCollatorImplementation_es_AR':
localedata_es_AR.cxx:(.text+0xa0): undefined reference to
`getCollatorImplementation_en_US'
/mnt/userfs/home/builddir/libreoffice-5.3.2.2/workdir/GenCxxObject/CustomTarget/i18npool/localedata/localedata_es_AR.o:
In function `getCollationOptions_es_AR':
localedata_es_AR.cxx:(.text+0xba): undefined reference to
`getCollationOptions_en_US'
/mnt/userfs/home/builddir/libreoffice-5.3.2.2/workdir/GenCxxObject/CustomTarget/i18npool/localedata/localedata_es_AR.o:
In function `getSearchOptions_es_AR':
localedata_es_AR.cxx:(.text+0xd4): undefined reference to
`getSearchOptions_en_US'
I noticed that it has to do with: i18npool/source/localedata/
genstaticheader.pl, but my question is "Am I missing something obvious,
like a configure switch that I shall apply", or "Do you have any idea what
may cause this error"

Thanks in advance
Dimitrije Dinic