LO 80731 - Incorrect syntax does compile, MID without end bracket

Katarina Behrens Katarina.Behrens at cib.de
Thu Jul 6 08:08:44 UTC 2017

Hello world,

I kinda like Mike's proposal to use strict checking when test-compiling the
code in IDE

> I do support Pierre's proposal to have an option to (temporarily)
> *uncheck* the strict syntax checking,
> However
> - the option should be easily visible and accessible from the Basic IDE
> (f.i. not after having checked "enable experimental features" first ...)

I do get the reasoning why Basic IDE branch of Tools > Options tree was made
invisible (because the checkboxes therein were inactive without enabling
experimental mode) ...

... but I somehow fail to see what is so experimental about those IDE options
(unless of course ~all of development in Basic is considered to be an
experiment :grin: )

--

Katarina Behrens

Softwareentwicklerin LibreOffice
–––
CIB software GmbH
Geschäftsstelle Hamburg
Flachsland 10
22083 Hamburg
–––
T +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -235
F +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -100

Katarina.Behrens at cib.de
www.cib.de
–––
Sitz: München
Registergericht München, HRB 123286
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Ulrich Brandner