LO 80731 - Incorrect syntax does compile, MID without end bracket

Pierre Lepage pierrelepage3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 10:11:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

Indeed, I also do not see the reason for having to check "Enable
experimental functions (may be unstable)". Can we remove this step and
thus make the StarBasic IDE available by default without more fuss?
Also, a kind of "strict" compilation mode on demand seems to me
difficult to defend. How do we notify customers about this inconsistency
of the StarBasic interpreter?
I have a suggestion. We include by default (but only for a time limit of
some revisions) an error tolerance of the closing parenthesis. And let's
set a warning to compile (as in gcc). Here, it would be necessary for
the compiler to have the ability to output a list of all the places in
the code where a closing parenthesis is missing. Otherwise, the compiler
that stops with each error is really annoying and is wasting time on the
programmer who wants to fix the problem.

The warning message could read as follows:

Warning: One or more closing parentheses are missing in one or more
expressions.

Regards,

Pierre